Fraxel for Rhinoplasty Scars?

I had a very bad Rhinoplasty by a doctor in India. He cut my nose on both sides from outside, which became two big scars. Then, I had a revision Rhinoplasty, but still, the scars look bad. Can Fraxel help me reduce the scars? It has been almost 10 months since I had the revision rhinoplasty done. Which Fraxel (Repair or Restore) will help, if it does? Thanks.

It depends on the depth of the scars.

+2

The deeper the scar depression the less benefit you will get from the laser. You may need to have a part of the scar re-excised and the area dermabraded. 

Fraxel re:pair for Nasal Alae Scars

+2

Hi Amit,
I have tried Fraxel re:store on a scar like yours, it helped a little after a series of 4 treatments. Today I would recommend Fraxel re:pair and you will likely need a few treatments at high levels (60 mj and 50% or so). Good luck and be well.
Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel for rhinoplasty scar

+1

Amit

I have treated patients with post rhinoplasty scars with both the Fraxel re:store and re:pair laser. In my experience, you will obtain significant improvement with both lasers. You will probably have more significant results with Fraxel re:pair, 2 to 3 treatments at 3 month intervals than with the restore laser. Good luck!

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon