Why Does My Rhinoplasty Scar Tissue Return After Massage?

I am a little over a year and a half post op rhinoplasty. I am a thick skin male and I know you will say it is unlikely for me to have any swelling/scartissue. Anyways, on my sidewalls I have a line of scar tissue that gets minimized by me massaging it deeply with castor and makes a crunching sound. After it refines my sidewall even more by doing this, the scar tissue seems to return after a few days, why is this? What can I do

Questions about rhinoplasty scar tissue

+1

I would imagine that most of your scar tissue should resolve after 2 years.  Thick skin is always a problem for a rhinoplasty since it can not be removed.  Would really need photos to give you a better idea of what can be accomplished with continued massage.  

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Swelling of the nose can persist in some individuals for up to two years although that is very rare.

Rhinoplasty, Thick Skin, and Massaging Reducing Size but comes back

+1

Thanks for the question. I think you should contact your PS since it could be collection in your naso-lacrimal sac that gets filled up and gets reduced after massage and fills up again.Since I don't know which part of your nose you are doing massage.It may or may not be the scar that is the cause. Please check with your PS.Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Thick Skin, and Massaging Reducing Size

+1

At this point, you should pose this question to your surgeon, because he or she has been able to observe the evolution of your nose after rhinoplasty.  In some thick-skinned individuals it is possible to still have swelling at 18 months, particularly given your description.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA