Removing Scar Tissue or Capsule Left from Nose Silicone Implant?

I'm an Asian girl who had augmentation Rhinoplasty 7 months ago. The doctor put an I-shaped silicone implant in my nose. I took the implant out 4 months ago. However, my nose has not returned to its pre-op state. I think it's due to scar tissue. I can see the scar tissue on my nose, especially around the glabella.

Overall, my nose is bigger, wider, and more distorted than pre-op, from bridge to tip. Can scar tissue left behind from silicone encapsulation be surgically removed, and is this procedure safe? Is it similar to "defatting"? What are the risks?

Experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

The irregularities on the bridge of the nose are probably more related to the previous surgery itself rather than any scar tissue formation. The capsule itself from a silicone implant is extremely thin and minimal and usually does not cause any distortion of the bridge-to-tip. The skin around the glabella is very thick and hides any irregularities. A revision rhinoplasty surgeon who has many years of experience and has performed thousands of nasal surgeries is probably someone you should see considering revision rhinoplasty.

Possibly but risky

+1

The scar tissue may be removed gingerly, but the risk is that the tissues will have diamaged blood supply, and you may lose the skin on your nose.  I personally would not do it, however, some very experienced and brave rhinoplasty surgeons may feel more comfortable with it.

sek

You'll never get rid of all the scar tissue

+1

Trying to remove all the scar tissue might in fact make things look a lot worse. You're best bet is to follow the advice of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Check with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to find someone in your area who concentrates the bulk of their surgical practice on complicated rhinoplasties.

Don't cut corners on expense or effort in looking for someone to help you out of this corner. Hopefully the surgeon who removed the implant can give you your best advice.

Good luck.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon