Rhinoplasty Scar Tissue 3mhz Ultrasound?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. After my rhinoplasty i think i have a small lump of internal scar tissue. I am now 13 months post-op. Would the use of a 3mhz ultrasound help to break down the scar and improve blood flow? thanks

Ultrasound Targeting Scar Tissue After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Thank you for you question.

Although the usage of ultrasound is beneficial breaking down scar tissues after surgeries, I cannot provide you with a solid answer concerning your case as I am not fully aware of the details of your surgery.

I believe that your surgeon is the most qualified to help you with removing the scar tissue but at 13 months post-op you should have reached the full results of your surgery hence a full recovery and that is to your benefit.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ultrasound

+1

Interesting question:  I use ultrasound after many types of surgery, but I have never used it after rhinoplasty.  I do not know of any good studies that address your question fully.  Call your surgeon!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon