Rhinoplasty - Rib Cartilage Augmentation - 10 Days Post Op

Hello, 10 days ago I had my first augmentation rhinoplasty with my own rib cartilage. Now, i completely regret it. So I was wondering if it's possible to remove the grafts and make nose look as close as possible to the original right now? thanks you very much NateL

Removal of Rib Cartilage Graft 10 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible for you to judge your nose 10 days after augmentation rhinoplasty with a rib cartilage graft because of the normal temporary post-op swelling. If nothing was done besides placing the graft, which is very unlikely, removal of that graft would make your nose similar to the original. I suggest you talk to your surgeon and be patient.

10 days post-op

+1

10 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery.  Removing the rib graft will likely not restore your old nose.   In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Post rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately after rhinoplasty it is difficult to impossible to return the nose to what it once was.  Often cartilage is removed and bone is shaved. It is common for patients to be a bit depressed after surgeyr. You should probably give it some time. If you have concerns, call your doctor.

+1

A lot of cosmetic surgery patients get post operative blues since there is a lot of swelling and sometimes the result is not what one envisioned to be because of incomplete healing. Best wait until healing is complete, 9-12 months or longer with revision cases. At that time you can make a better judgement about the result. The answer to your questions is yes.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon