Will Rhinoplasty Revision Cause a Lot of Bruising? Is it as Invasive as the Primary?

Hi, I have previously asked a question regarding my rhinoplasty 6 months ago. I am now having a revision on the tip of my nose next month (to lift it slightly more up and brought in a little). I am just curious if this procedure will cause a lot of bruising? I am hoping that the bone will not need to be broken. Can anyone tell me if this procedure is as invasive as my 1st procedure? 

Will revision rhinoplasty cause a lot of bruising? Is it as invasive as the primary?

+1

It depends on what is performed during your surgery. Osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) typically lead to bruising. If you are just having tip work, it will not likely lead to much bruising. More information would be necessary to determine whether or not your revision is more invasive. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they will be able to provide you with the best advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

No Bone to be Broken in Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If your bone was broken during the previous surgery, then the tip rhinoplasty will likely have less bruising and swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD

Post-op Bruising From Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Keith, if you are just having a limited tip reshaping, you should not have much bruising. You might want to try and take some Arnica in preparation and stay away from all blood thinners - make sure to clarify this with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If only a tip-plasty is being performed, then there should not be any bruising , since the nasal bones are not being broken.  Both a primary or revision rhinoplasty could be invasive, just depends upon which techniques are being performed on each operation.