5 years Post Rhinoplasty Revision, Unhappy With Results, What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty for deviated septum/bulbous tip early 2006. 2 weeks post op, I pushed the cartilage in when trying to get rid of a pimple.. biggest mistake ever. My surgeon did a revision within the same year. Jump 5 years and I'm still so unimpressed with the results. I feel one nostril is lower, there is a 'polly beak' look to the nose on one side, the nose doesn't suit my naturally big lips.. Looking for secondary revision and basically any thoughts as to solutions/what should be done?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi,

Its a little difficult to assess your nose from the pics that you posted. But assuming you have a bulbous tip and a pollybeak deformity, you can improve the look with an open rhinoplasty, reduction of the pollybeak and resculpting the cartilage in the tip.

Definitely room for improvement.

Dr.S.

Revision for polly beak

+2

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for revision rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Unhappy 5 Years Post Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

The pictures you submitted show multiple problems. The nose including the tip should be refined and the pollybeak corrected. The columellar scar can also be refined. Make sure that you see an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

It is certainly possible for you to have a revision after five years. You have a reasonable result from your previous surgery; but if you are not completely happy with it then discuss your desires with a plastic surgeon and find out what can be accomplished. I personally ask patients what they don't like rather than make suggestions.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Recommendation for nose post rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. Although your picture does show bulbous tip, but online consultations does not serve you any good. What you need is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has interest in revision nasal surgery. It only after detailed evaluation of your nose the type of corrective surgery is determined 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Unhappy with pollybeak deformity

+1

This far out from surgery you could certainly consider revision rhinoplasty. It's hard to really assess your bridge to get a good sense of your pollybeak deformity from the photos. This is something that can be addressed with revision surgery.

It would be a great idea to discuss your concerns with a few rhinoplasty specialists to see what changes they think are possible. Preoperative digital morphing would allow you to relate to your surgeon what type of changes you're looking to make.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD