Rhinoplasty Revision - Less Expensive if I Use the Same Doctor?

Can a rhinoplasty revision be made at a lower cost with same doctor? I had my procedure done 4 years ago, I've been unhappy with the results and just started consulting with other surgeons,they agree my nose job was sloppy. Should I seek another Dr. or go back to same Dr.? My nose was wide and short, now my nostrils are different sizes and tip is falling from the bone area it feels and look a little strange.

Revision Pricing

+1

For any surgery including revisions, you can visit 2 - 3 surgeons to ensure that the surgical plan is best for you.  Each surgeon has a different policy regarding pricing of revisions.

Revision rhinoplasty by the same surgeon

+1

Surgeon dependant.  Every private physician and surgeon will have a different policy.  The original fee that was submitted to the surgeon is to perform the procedure to the best of their individual ability...it is not for the outcome.  This is a difficult scenario when the outcome is not ideal and dissapointment occurs.  Most rhinoplasty surgeons are extremely meticulous and critical of their own work and strive for perfection.  I would recommend continuing to work with your surgeon to see if any small touch ups are possible and see if even something simple like an injectable treatment will correct a small deformity.  If this is not in the best interest of you, as the patient, or not feasible from the surgeon's standpoint then have an honest discussion with your surgeon about a reduced rate for a revisional procedure.

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using your primary surgeon for your secondary

+1

In general this is a good idea if you  like your surgeon and you feel that overall your nose was improved yet you have some residual concerns.  If you feel your nose is worse now than before surgery then reconsider your options

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Using the same surgeon for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

IMHO, it's always better for you to go back to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your first Rhinoplasty as long as you still have faith in his/her ability to do what it is that you think...and the surgeon agrees... you need.

If you no longer feel that way....or the surgeon does not agree that you need what you're seeking, then it may be time for a second opinion to sort out if what you're looking for is indeed something that will make your nose more attractive and can be accomplished with a revision Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Cost of Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Your original surgeon may charge less for your revision; there is no standard policy. We are all concernd about money, but do not select a surgeon based only on the cost of the procedure. The best surgeon is not necessarily the most expensive.

Revision Rhinoplasty Cost?

+1

Question: Revision Rhinoplasty – less expensive if I use the same doctor?

Answer: It is always best to initially follow up with the surgeon who performed a rhinoplasty. If indicated and desirable and if the surgeon feels that an improvement can be achieved, an ethical surgeon may offer to revise the rhinoplasty. Most surgeons who revise their own rhinoplasty will reduce the revision fee although there is usually a facility and an anesthesia fee as well.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Surgery

+1

Revision surgery policy should be discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery. Also the cost of revision surgery should be discussed.

In general revision surgery is more involved than primary procedure

Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Any surgeon who performs enough rhinoplasty surgery will acknowledge that revision procedures are indicated in typically 5 to 10% of all patients. I use these revisions to refine the nose, perhaps making a tip a bit more elevated, or nostrils a bit narrower.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Choosing the doctor for you is a personal choice.  Probably going back to the same doctor will be less expensive, but you have to be comfortable with the doctor.

Revision rhinoplasty (nose job) with same surgeon.

+1

I sympathize with your dilemma. This is a difficult question. I would likely recommend that you at least go back for a consultation and discuss your goals. Four years has passed and it is likely that your surgeon has gained even further experience and may have a solution. Be straightforward and ask their comfort level with the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/nose-reshaping/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.