Is Rhinoplasty Revision Surgery for Bridge Widening a More Complex Procedure Than First Time/bridge Thinning Surgery?

I had a rhinoplasty in October last year and now that much of the swelling has subsided I am really unhappy with the result, particularly from the front view as my bridge appears far too thin now. I really want revision surgery to widen the bridge again. But how complicated is this procedure compared to thinning out the nose? Would recovery be longer? Also is a surgeon ever bound to do their revision surgeries at a reduced price? Many thanks.

Widening your nose can be more complex

+2

The complexity of widening your nose depends on your anatomy as well as the sources of cartilage grafts that would be needed to widen your nose. Recovery depends on the amount of surgery that is done, but is somewhat similar to first time (primary rhinoplasty). Swelling may last longer. Price really depends on the surgeon. 

-Dr. Zoumalan

Widening Nasal Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+2

The bridge can be widened by repositioning the nasal bones or augmenting the bones with cartilage or fascia. Recovery should not be as long as after the original procedure. Talk to your surgeon about the costs; every surgeon has their own policy.

revision rhinoplasty for widening the nasal bridge

+2

Revision rhinoplasty is always harder than a primary so make sure your going to  a surgeon who is very experienced  in revision rhinoplasty surgery. Widening the nasal bridge will  involve reverse medial osteotomies and spreader grafts placed between the nasal bones to hold them open. Recovery should be about the same as the  primary surgery. For  examples please see the link below

Bridge widening

+1

Widening the bridge can sometimes be performed but it depends upon a number of factors.  Most likely the nose was narrowed because of osteotomies.

+1

Making a bridge appear wider is not particularly difficult and does not represent a difficult recovery.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA