Rhinoplasty Revision Rasping Scar Tissue?

I had rhinoplasty 1 last hear, it created a bony bump near my eye on the left, my surgeon agreed to rasp it , however now the lower part of my bridge is raised as if scar tissue has formed, should i gently massage this area, what can i do?, thankyou

When was the revision?  Is it possible that this is just residual swelling?

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post rhinoplasty bump

Your surgeon can tell if is a bony lump or scar tissue. Rasping a bony bump is quite straight forward. Ask your surgeon

Nasal bones cannot form callus. However, thick soft tissue scar tissue can form

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

It is best to be seen in person to determine what is going on. Sometimes as the bone heals a callus can form.