Rhinoplasty Revision Costs?

Hi ~ I had a rhinoplasty involving tip refinement and a graft added at the top of the nose. The graft was taken from my ear . Unfortunately the graft was not fully successful, and whilst attached , it can freely move from left to right about 7mm. My surgeon told me to wait one year and then to visit him again Can I ask what is the usual proceedure regarding costs to re-attach the graft so that it stays in place & does not move ? Does the patient normally pay all the costs again , etc ?

Rhinoplasty Revision Costs?

+1

The cartilage graft can be secured with suture if there is mobility.  There should not be a surgeon's fee, but there may be a minimal charge for operating room and anesthesia fee depending upon how involved the revision is.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision policy for rhinoplasty varies by surgeon

+1

Each surgeon will have his/her own policies regarding revisions of their own surgeries, so you should discuss with yours the specifics.  In general, though, most surgeons will not charge a surgeon fee for revisions which are felt necessary by both the patient and the surgeon.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD