Rhinoplasty Revision- Columella Too Pointy

hi. after several revision rhinoplasties (all closed) involving a medpor implant and a rib cartilegde strut (ethnic rhino) i would like to know that although i am happy with whats been done i still find my columella area to the tip is just a bit round (ballpoint tip). i think if it were pointer i would be very satisfied. is this difficult to correct? also. is a implant such as medpor superior to rib grafts when building the top 2 thirds of the nose?. without looking at the risk of infection ps.

+1

Rhinoplasty Revision- Columella Too Pointy.  Wow after multiple Revision Rhinoplasty surgeries using medpore and rib cartilage, I'd advise leaving it alone and I do Revision Rhinoplasties often.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Medpore is an acceptable implant choice for augmentation of the nasal bridge. It sounds as if you are pretty close to what you want in appearance. A picture would have been helpful to demonstrate just what is bothering you about the columella. It would seam reasonable that a minor revision may be able to adjust the apearance. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO