Can this rhinoplasty be reversed? (Photo)

The doctor changed my entire face I am traumatized. Can someone please help me?! My nose is like a stick. Way too small for my face and he made it narrow and super upturned! I've never been so depressed in my life all I wanted was just to shave a bit off the top. Is it possible to get it close to how it was before? are reverse osteotomies hard to achieve? Lengthiness?

Can this rhinoplasty be reversed?

+1
Very difficult to reverse!~ Best to allow 6 months to allow better healing. The result appears very good but you need to be happy with the whole experience... 

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
An over narrow nose can be widened with spreader grafts.  An upturned nose can be turned back down with septal extender grafts.  However, you cannot "return" to your old nose, you can only take the result you have now and attempt to change it again.
As your result would seem to be moderately acceptable, I think it would be very important to do imaging with your surgeon to get a good idea of what you are trying to achieve with a revision.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Although your after results show an acceptable surgical results, it appears that your new nose is very different from your original nose. It does not matter how good the result may be surgically if its not appropriate for your face, or the results were too different from what you expected.
In the hands of an experienced surgeon, a revision rhinoplasty can deliver results closer to what your original nose used to look like.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1
Your after photos show a nice result.  I understand this is not what you were looking for, and perhaps you and your surgeon had not communicated the plan together very well.  I wonder if you had any morphing done in your surgeon's office prior to surgery?  I find this is a great way to discover a patient's real desires, and to avoid surgical changes that are not wanted.  It is also a way to discover unrealistic expectations of the patient, or to explain what is generally considered unaesthetic about a patient's nose (not always what they think!).  Revision surgery can be done, but when involves procedures like reverse osteotomies is more complex and unpredictable.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Reversal ?

+1
Your surgeon is talented, and I really like your cute, feminine, natural appearing result much better than your before.  My recommendation would be to not touch it for a while.  You will collect dividends on your beauty for many years to come.

Steve Laverson, MD

Reversing surgery

+1
The bottom line is the result can be reversed but make certain you and the surgeon are on the same page for the result you are looking for

De Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Reversing a rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question. There ways to go about revising a rhinnoplasty. I would find a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in revision rhinoplasty and set up a consult. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Can Rhinoplasty be reversed

+1
Reversing a Rhinoplasty implies that the original nose can be recreated.  That is just not possible no matter the skill of the surgeon.  In your case, you currently have a nose that does look different than before surgery but if we were to look at acceptable parameters for what is considered an attractive nose, you certainly meet those criteria.  It would be very important for you to wait 12-18 months after surgery before you should consider a revision and then you should be prepared for improvement but not getting your exact original nose back.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing Rhinoplasty Result

+1
A nose can be enlarged with rhinoplasty surgery. For example, when I see Asian patients many times they want a bigger more defined nose. You should not expect a nose that looks exactly like it did before the surgery but features that you don't like can be changed. Wait about one year before considering a revision.