1 Year Post-Rhinoplasty with No Results- How To Proceed?

I'm 18. I had a nosejob done 1 year ago, to make the bridge straighter and make the tip of the nose thinner. The plastic surgeon was very experienced. Around $6000. When the cast first came off the bridge looked straight but I don't think the tip ever actually got narrower- after the swelling went away,my nose looked just like pre-surgery, and it still does.I feel upset at my surgeon because of all the money,scar(gone),bleeding; no results.seeing him tomorrow.should he/will he help me somehow?

Compare before and after photos first

+2

Before making any big decisions make sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Many patients claim there is absolutely no difference after the surgery. I usually show them pictures before the surgery and compare with the final results. Most of us forget how we looked before the procedure was done. If really there is  no difference whatsoever then you can talk about next step. You are always entitled to second opinion.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/nose-reshaping-rhinoplasty-chicago.html

Revision rhinoplasty may be appropriate at one year after surgery

+1

You have indicated that you have had a rhinoplasty a year ago and, yet, the appearance now does not seem to be an improvement over the appearance before nasal surgery.

Obviously, this is not what you want.  However, I think before any conclusions are made, and you become more upset with your plastic surgeon, you need to have a reconsultation with the surgeon.  You need to very carefully examine the "before" picture and compare those with how you look today.  It may well be there is more improvement than you realize just now.

If, in fact, you feel that there were not enough changes made, and the surgeon feels that it is possible to improve upon what was done, then, you should consider revision rhinoplasty.

The most important thing: be comfortable with any decisions that need to be made.  To further your comfort and lessen your anxiety, I would recommend, if you desire, a "second opinion" with an equally experienced nasal cosmetic surgeon

If you choose to go for consultation, be sure to bring all the reports from the operating surgeon (the operative report, the before photographs, all the chart notes).  It is very important for the new consulting doctor to know exactly "where you started" and what has happened both in the operating room and thereafter. 

Good luck.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Rhinoplasty results

+1

You should review your concerns with your surgeon and come up with a plan together. You need to review your preop photos and be objective about the changes. Keep in mind that in all rhinoplasties even when perfectly executed the healing is a biologic event which cannot be completely controlled. This can result in persistent deviation as well as less then optimum thinning. You both need to decide together whether any further work is necessary and would be beneficial and meet your expectations.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

IMHO, you are doing the right thing by trying to work things out with the original Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

No Results 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You are doing the right thing by discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Review your goals and expectations with him. You may also want to get a second opinion.

Surgical results

+1

As another doctor answered, it is quite common for patients to forget what they looked like before surgery. It is always good to review the preop photos in this case.  Definitely tell your doctor your concerns.  Good luck.

No results after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not at all uncommon for individuals to 'forget' what they looked like before a procedure, and matching up the before and after photos is often the best way to see for yourself what progress has been made after rhinoplasty. It is hard to understand how you look the same, however the picture will tell. There is good potential in revision if your surgeon missed the mark.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Nose tip

+1

Try your best to work with your surgeon. Look at pre-op pictures and compare. Perhaps a second opinion would be helpful but, choose carefully. A lot of docroes love to second guess.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

One Year Post-op Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You should discuss this concern with your surgeon. Make sure you go over your before and after pictures and point out what your not pleased with. You should also seek a 2nd opinion.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Share your concerns with your surgeon

+1

Share your concerns with your surgeon.  Ask your surgeon to take another set of photos and compare them to you "before" pictures.  If you are not satisfied go seek another opinion.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon