Are these rhinoplasty results realistic? (photo)

I have been considering rhinoplasty for a long time. I feel my nose is too large for my face and the tip is bulbous. if my nose could look like it does in the after picture I would love my nose! Are these results realistic?

Realistic tip rhinoplasty results

+1
You're very pretty young lady and I do see the bulbous nasal tip that bothers you.

You must consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation in rhinoplasty surgery in your community.

You must ask the plastic surgeon if you have too much soft tissue and skin and inadequate nasal tip cartilages to establish a more refined nasal tip.  Ask the surgeon to see results of cases that he or she has done.

In answer to your question I do think a nice result is possible.  However you must find an expert who has experience in this type of surgery.

In addition because in a broad nasal tip like you have the nasal cartilages of the tip are weak these cartilages must be reconstructed with cartilage grafts
.
Specifically you will need:

#1 A cartilage strut graft to lift and support your nasal tip
#2 Narrowing of your own alar cartilages by suturing and possible resection too narrow them
#3 An onlay tip graft, usually heart shaped,  to create  a refined nasal tip appearance.

Please choose your plastic surgeon very carefully as only a few plastic surgeons in each community are truly experienced at rhinoplasty and can produce excellent results.

Are these rhinoplasty results realistic?

+1
Dear nursenurse1, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to a less bulbous appearance of your nasal tip.

+1
Morphed frontal photos are not a substitute for an in-person examination. You appear to have a wide tip with broad tip cartilages. Well-performed rhinoplasty may lead to tip refinement. You may benefit from consulting several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
   Yes.  Actually those are reasonable results.  No result will ever look exactly like the morphed results.

Realistic Rhinoplasty Results?

+1
The results you have morphed are realistic. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.Enjoy your new nose.

Real rhinoplasty results

+1
These results do appear realistic, but remember that every rhinoplasty is an individual procedure and no doctor can guarantee morph results. 
Based on your pictures, a significant correction of tip bulbosity should be attainable. There are some other maneuvers that would help refine your nose.
I hope this helps. Good luck. See my website for some real before and after results. -- Dr. G

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1
The bulbous tip can be corrected pretty close to the after photo. The results are realistic but please keep in mind that no surgeon in the world can promise you a nose shown in a photograph. So, discuss your desires in detail with your rhinoplasty surgeon but do not rely on the photograph alone. 
Regards
Dr J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic results from a rhinoplasty

+1
The results shown do appear realistic, however it is important to examine the nose to determine how thick the cartilages and skin are in the tip of the nose.  During the rhinoplasty procedure,the bulbous tip is best addressed with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages to refine  the nasal tip. Sometimes a conservative cartilage removal is also necessary in the tip as well
For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo gallery

Realistic expectations with rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1
Realistic expectations with rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip that you have shown are within the range of what is possible with rhinoplasty for your bulbous tip. See a very experienced surgeon for best possible results.

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1
These results are subtle and appear realistic, It is very important to consult with a board certified surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty and can share before and after pictures of similar noses to make sure your expectations are met.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon