What Rhinoplasty Results Can I Expect? (photo)

With my large nose, thick skin and boxy tip what's realistic for me to expect from rhinoplasty? Can I expect anything but a minimal change? I'd like a more refined nose, especially nostrils in profile, and I'd like a more refined, feminine tip. I am feeling discouraged :( after posting my first question here although I appreciate the answers. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice? I've been Googling my little heart out but I can't find anyone with a nose like mine so I can see what's possible.

What Rhinoplasty Results Can I Expect?

+2

Dear Ottawa,

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, you can expect a nice benefit from rhinoplasty.  You have a very bulbous tip and it points down with a sharp angle between the nose and the lip.  You should have a nice result from thinning the tip and refining it with an upward rotation, although not a 'piggy' nose, but a more feminine one.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations for rhinoplasty

+2

It is important to have realistic expectations regarding the amount of change it can be accomplished especially in patients who have thick skin. Our rhinoplasty  photo gallery link is below to review what can be accomplished in our practice

Rhinoplasty Results in Large Nose with Thick Skin

+2

While rhinoplasty will provide some benefit, your assumption is correct that you should keep your expectations realistic. Your thick and large skin cover of your nose will prevent you from ever having a much smaller or highly defined nose. There is a reason you are having trouble finding before and after photos of your nose type that show the type of changes you ideally would like to achieve.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty Results

+2

Based on your photos, you could benefit from Rhinoplasty surgery.  You will never have a small nose, but one that is greatly improved.  I see no reason why you could not have a more feminine pretty nose.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has lots of experience with Rhinoplasty to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

What Rhinoplasty Results Can I Expect?

+1

I think that tip reduction and tip elevation will make the most improvement in your nose.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA