How Often Does Rhinoplasty Result in a New Nasal Deformity?

I am considering Rhinoplasty to correct my dorsal hump and lift my droopy nasal tip, however I am concerned about the risks. How often do disastrous results occur, such as nose collapse, necrosis, inverted v, open roof or some other very noticeable deformity? I am not seeking perfection, but I am worried about potential disfigurement. Is this common enough to be a valid concern?

Nasal Deformity After Rhinoplasty

+1
In the hands of a rhinoplasty expert, the chances of having secondary nasal deformity or a need for revisional surgery would be significantly reduced. This is the most complicated operative procedure we do in plastic surgery. It is a surgery of millimeters and requires expertise to perform it well the first time.

How often does rhinoplasty result in a new nasal deformity?

+1

When considering rhinoplasty, it is very important to do your homework and seek out an experienced and board certified rhinoplasty specialist. When you are in good hands with an experienced surgeon, the chances of any issues occurring are greatly minimized. When comparing surgeons, look for credentials, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's results, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/

+1

I have not had any of those things happen after hundreds and hundreds of rhinoplasties, and I do not think that they are likely to happen.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty and results

+1

Complications can happen and unfavorable results can occur. Revision rates have been quoted from 5-15% for most surgeons. Find a good surgeon who has consistently good results.  Good luck. 

A rhinoplasty in the hands of competent surgeon yields predictably good results.

+1

Surgical catastrophes are extremely rare with rhinoplasty. Predictably good results require the surgeon with training, skill, and experience. Your preoperative research is all-important with this operation.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Rhinoplasty patients are happy most of the time.

+1

Hi.

It is an operation that requires a lot of skill, but if you are in good hands, outcome is usually very good.  Catastrophes are rare.  5% of patients need a touch up.

+1

The serious complications you describe are very rare when you select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. This is not a valid concern with a primary rhinoplasty.