Rhinoplasty - Removed the Tape on the Tip of my Nose May 2, is This Bad?

I had rhinoplasty on April 26, 2013 and removed the tape on the nasal tip after the adhesive wore out on May 2, now it's very swollen and bulbous! Is this bad? Should I re- tape the tip or just wait for splint removal on Monday May 6? What should I do?

See your surgeon, don't worry about swelling too much

+1

Hello. A week after rhinoplasty it would not be unusual to have a lot of swelling. Taping does help, but you are better off having your surgeon do it for you. Remember it takes several months to see the final results so try not get bogged down about shape just yet. Good luck.

Early swelling after a rhinoplasty is normal

+1

Hard to know just based on your description of your nose.  Early in the post operative course swelling of the nasal tip is not unusual.  Continue to following your plastic surgeon's advice and instructions.  

Tip swelling with splint

+1

Best to ask your doctor, but for my patients if the tape came a bit loose I would just leave it alone until I took off the nasal splint. Yes, the tip always swells after srugery.

Tape removal after rhinoplasty

+1

It would be unusual for the tip of your nose NOT to be swollen six days after your rhinoplasty.  I would just leave the tape off at this point and have your splint removed on Monday.  It can take 6-12 months and sometimes longer for all of the swelling to subside after rhinoplasty and the tip usually stays swollen the longest.  The swelling will improve gradually though.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon