Rhinoplasty: Is It Possible to Reduce the Size of Your Nose Whilst Maintaining Its Form?

I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the size of your nose without (drasticly) altering its form. I feel my nose is slightly to large so I would like to reduce its size (length and width) by approx 10% so it is in harmony with the rest of my face.

+1

Yes. This is possible. Depending upon your specific desires, it is possible to reduce and refine the nose without dramatically altering your appearance. Many maneuvers can be performed during rhinoplasty to change the shape of the nose. However, what is actually done depends upon your goals and avoiding dramatic changes is certainly possible. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Some of the most rewarding rhinoplasties are those that only need refinement

+1

Patients don't always need huge humps or tips removed. Many patients just desire a more refined version of what they have. That way they can maintain their existing family and ethnic look.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1

Rhinoplasty should always be performed following the proper aesthetics, of facial beauty, for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  Experience performing Rhinoplasty alone is simply not enough IMHO.  The best performed Rhinoplasty that does not follow the proper facial aesthetics will not, IMO, make you more attractive.  Hope this helps.

Finesse Type of Rhinoplasty

+1

In most cases, a rhinoplasty expert should be able to reshape the nose to create a balanced reduction such that the nose still looks like the old version. This type of rhinoplasty surgery does require an experienced cosmetic nose specialist - so proceed cautiously with your choice of rhinoplasty surgeons.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Reduce the size of Nose

+1

An experienced surgeon can reduce the size of the nose, maintain the present shape. and make the it proportional to the surrounding features if that is the desired goal. Rhinoplasty is always individualized to meet the needs of each patient.

Reducing the size of the nose with rhinoplasty

+1

Reducing the size of the nose is certainly possible, and maintaining the structural integrity and form of the nose is an important aspect during rhinoplasty.  Once you find a rhinoplasty specialist you like, it's probably a good idea to sit down with him/her and review computer morphed images to make sure your idea of a 10% reduction is in line with your surgeon's.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD