Rhinoplasty to reduce large droopy bulbous tip and hump: No visible improvement and nose appears very crooked

Prior to surgery my nose was rather bulbous. My bridge was straight but had a small hump in the middle. I asked the surgeon to reduce the bulbous tip, lift it and refine the end. I also asked him to remove the dorsal hump. I am now 3 weeks post op and it looks considerably worse, no visible reduction or tip definition. The middle section is also crooked. Is this just swelling? If not when should I address the problems via a revision. I will send photos but will not post. ( sorry)

+2
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Early rhinoplasty results

+2
Try to be patient. It can take a little while longer before you see the results unfold. By six weeks after surgery you should like what you see for the most part. From then on it continues to improve for even up to a year. If you still have concerns after six weeks I think it is fair to begin to discuss them with your surgeon. Hang in there.

Ronald Schuster, MD