Rhinoplasty Recovery. Changing Everyday?

I know it's still soon but I'm curious as to why this is happening. I got my rhinoplasty done late January 2013, and it was healing beautifully in my opinion. I just felt like it looked different every day. It was looking like I wanted, now it's march 1st, I wake up and notice my nose looks swollen. It looks fat and plump like it should've two weeks ago maybe. What's going on?

Swelling can fluctuate for a few months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling can fluctuate for at least a few months and some days it will look better than others. This is perhaps due in part to allergies, food intake, humidity, and other factors we do not fully understand.  The nose will be more likely to look swollen in the morning because, lying down, the effects of gravity are lost and the nose tends to swell more. That is also true with other facial plastic surgery procedures like eyelid surgery.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Recovery from a rhinoplasty takes time; you won't be able to see your final results for almost a year. Swelling early on in the healing process is normal and it may also come and go. If you choose, you can try sleeping on your back again (if not already doing so) as that may help reduce some swelling in the face. It will still be awhile until you are fully healed so be patient during the healing process and good luck with your new nose. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increase in Swelling after Several Weeks of Rhinoplasty

+1

An increase in swelling after rhinoplasty could have occurred due to increased activity, fluid retention globally, etc.  Followup with your plastic surgeon if there are any other further concerns.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nasal surgery recovery is slow

+1

Rhinoplasty recovery is steady and slow. You cannot have definite results before 10-12 months.

After 30-40 days is really too soon to evaluate a final rhinoplasty results. Aproximately in 100 days 50% of your post-operative sweeling will ve resolved. Swelling is more apparent/ostensible early in the morning.

If you are happy with current appearance, you'll probably be delighted with your final result.

Be patient and good luck!

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon