Rhinoplasty - Recovery Time for Implant?

I am have very low bridge and bulbous nose tip. I am planning on having rhinoplasty to fix it. How long will the recovery for med implant? I am getting braces before my surgery during winter break (2 weeks). Is that enough time to go back to looking normal? I rather people not know that I got a nose job.

Recovery time for rhinoplasty with implant

+1

Most synthetic implants that are placed on the bridge of the nose heal rapidly and patients are able to go back to work approximately ten days after the surgery. There usually is no breaking of the nasal bones. There will be some residual swelling of the tip that can take several weeks to go away. Full healing on a rhinoplasty is a year.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Recovery after Nasal Implant

+1

Two weeks after rhinoplasty strangers probably will not notice, but close friends and colleagues may observe a change. You will be restricted from activities where there is a risk of nasal trauma for 6 weeks.

Rhinoplasty Recover with Nasal Implant

+1

Rhinoplasty swelling occurs both on the outside and inside of the nose. It is normal to feel congested and have nasal obstruction and postnasal drip immediately after rhinoplasty surgery. Patients are generally "restaurant ready" and socially acceptable within 2 weeks. Most swelling after rhinoplasty resolves within a month. The final 20% of swelling takes a much longer time to resolve, up to a year or longer after surgery. Fortunately, this final swelling is usually only evident to the surgeon and patient.

Rhinoplasty swelling varies greatly and is largely based on the areas of the nose treated, surgical approach to the nose (open or closed/endonasal), skin thickness, postoperative care, and your healing ability. The more extensive the surgery, the more you will swell and the longer the swelling will last. The tip of the nose holds onto swelling longer than the other parts of the nose. Open rhinoplasty, where there is an external incision at the base of the nose, swells more and longer than closed/endonasal rhinoplasty. Patients with thicker skin will also have more swelling.

Keeping your head elevated, maintaining the nasal splint/cast, ice, arnica montana, and following your plastic surgeon's guideline may help reduce rhinoplasty swelling. Persistant swelling may also be reduced by steroid treatment into the nose.

Combining nasal surgery with dental procedures may prolong the nasal swelling a bit. Don't hesitate to speak to your plastic surgeon about any swelling.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinopalsty recovery

+1

Usually the majority of swelling will dissipate by 3 weeks. Two weeks is a bit close. You will need at least 6 weeks or so to go back to heavy lifting and working out.

Rhinoplasty - recovery time for implant

+1

Not really most rhinoplasty surgery can take from 3 to 6 weeks for 80% recovery. Plus you are adding dental work not a good idea in only a 2 week healing. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Ideally, if you've made a meaningful change to your nose people who know you well will notice, but people who don't know you well won't. Either way the nose should look natural when healed.

As for looking "normal," that usually takes about 2 weeks...time for the bruising to settle down and a large amount of the swelling to resolve. This is usually the timeframe that I tell patients they can be out and about without anyone being aware that they've had surgery.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from rhinoplasty

+1

IF a significant improvement is achieved, which is what I assume you desire, people WILL notice. Swelling can persist for up to 6 months after rhinoplasty especially in the tip.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/nose-reshaping/

Recovery from rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1
Recovery from rhinoplasty or nasal surgery is typically one to two weeks. You should be able to get back to normal work out routine at 2-3 weeks. Contact sports can be restarted at 6-8 weeks.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon