Looking to Get Rhinoplasty - What Do You Recommend?

Rhinoplasty

+1

It looks like you have a bump in the side view that could be removed and the tip appears bulbous, so this could be made smaller. In addition it appears the nose is a little crooked from the front view although in general you have some facial asymmetry. The nose could be straightened but due to the facial asymmetry I don't think it would exactly straight afterwards.

Recommendations for Rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal bones and cartilage could be thinned as well as reduction in the size of the nasal tip.  This would require a surgical break in the nasal bones.

Looking to get rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Cathaline, From the photos you submitted you do have a bump on your bridge and external deviation as seen on your frontal view. The most important thing is addressing what bothers you. The deviation seen may contribute to trouble breathing so a thorough nasal examination (including the inside of the nose) would allow for a better assessment of what can be done.

As to finding the right rhinoplasty surgeon, this depends a lot on who you best relate to in addition to the qualifications of the surgeon. Besides finding a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon, you want to make sure they have a lot of experience doing rhinoplasty and nasal surgery.

Consulting with a few surgeons would allow you to see who you have the best rapport with and to ensure you share a similar aesthetic. The later can be assessed by reviewing before and after photos of the surgeon's other patients. I find that computer morphing during the consultation allows for a great dialogue regarding what results are desired by you and attainable given your anatomy.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty recommendations

+1

Based on your photos it appears you have a rounded tip of your nose (bulbous tip) and a slight bump (dorsal hump) on your profile.  This can be easily improved by removing some cartilage from the tip of your nose and refining the tip and filing down the bone/cartilage to give you a straight profile.

I use 3D imaging before surgery which can simulate these changes and helps patients visualize these changes before surgery; it's very helpful.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD