105 Degree Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty Too High?

I had a nose job last week because it was as an S shape and I couldnt breath well with it. I also had a bump so I had it fixed. My doctor said that he made my nose tip 105 degrees and I'm afraid that it's too high and that it would ruin my mouth because it looks pulled up and from the side. I also feel that it's sharper. Was my nose tip overly done?

Too early to evaluate result one week after rhinoplasty

+1

This is much too soon to be concerned about the shape of the nose.  This shape will evolve over the next several months.  In the end, what will matter is how the nose looks to you and on your face once it has had a chance to heal.  Be patient.

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Rotation

+1

When you refer to "degrees" you are talking about tip rotation. With each degree, your tip is rotated more upward. Many factors such physical height and gender determine the ideal rotation. Having said all that, it is impossible to know the ultimate appearance of your nose this soon after surgery. Be patient!

Don't be upset by numbers...

+1

It seems that knowing the number of degrees of rotation has bothered you but you should not be bothered by this. The look of the result is more important than the degree of rotation and tip rotation will change as the year and your life goes on. The degrees of plannin are from standard teaching in Rhinoplasty but judge your result on whether the result matches your preoperative discussions.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell Rhinoplasty results

+1

At one week you can't tell where your nose will end up. 105 degrees is only too high if you don't like it once the swelling goes down. Some patients like a tip up; some don't. You should have discussed this in a computer simulation before surgery. But it will probably be OK.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

1 week is very early

+1

Often the tip of the nose drops after rhinoplasty. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point about the angle of your tip. Just monitor how you heal. Many publications quote angles and ranges. However, it is more important for the angle and the nose to fit your face. So, please give it time.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty Result

+1

That sounds ideal.  But at this point you are so early in your recovery and things will change quite a bit over time.  So take it easy and be patient.  At about 6 months time you will be very close to your final result.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Rhinoplasty tip too high?

+1

Aesthetics for each individual patient are different. Traditionally 105 degree angle for females is thought to be approximately the correct number. But, this was in caucasian ideals. Every patient is different. Be patient with the results, usually the tip comes down a bit anyway as the swelling subsides. Don't worry so much about a number, just appreciate the results.

Rhinoplasty; What is an Ideal Angle Between the Lip and Nose From the Side?

+1

Hi Roush,

Everyone's nose is different, as are our faces. There is no set angle that is right for everyone. In general, it is thought that a 105 degree angle is ideal for female noses, while 90 degrees is preferred for the male nose.

After one week it is too early to judge your nose or it's angles. The tip should drop a bit over the next few months.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Too early to tell

+1

In your post, you said your surgery was one week ago. I find that noses always appear a little high right after surgery. The tip always drops slightly with time and it ends up looking fine.

As long as it looks ok now, you should be fine and have no need to worry.

If you think it is too high now, the best thing for you to do is to post a profile of your nose so we can evaluate it.

John Diaz, MD

105 degrees is attractive on a woman.

+1

I think this is a nice angle between your nose and upper lip. Plus, the nasal tip will tend to droop over time due to the effect of gravity. So if it looks a bit upturned now, this will get better over the ensuing weeks and months.

Enjoy your new nose, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon