Can Rhinoplasty Raise 1 Cm High from the Bridge to the Tip of Nose?

Many people including my father comment that my nose is less high. I also realize that by seeing my self in pictures. I thought I must do something with my nose.

Raising the Nasal Bridge 1 Cm

+2

For those not familiar with the metric system 1 cm is a little less than 1/2 inch. Asians frequenty want an increase in the projection of their bridge, but rarely need that much augmentation. Over the past 30 years I've preferred to use the patient's own carilage rather than slicone or other materials which are more lkely to extude at a later date.

Raising the bridge of the nose

+2

This can be done by several means.  I prefer using rib cartilage to raise the bridge.  It requires an incision over you rib cage near the bottom of your breast plate.  Yes, it does hurt and is the major portion of the recovery.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Can Rhinoplasty raise the nasal bridge 1 centimeter?

+2

From your photo, raising the nasal bridge 10 mm's might be too much for your petite nose.  A straight silastic dorsal graft, IMHO, is the preferred method of building up the nasal bridge in a reliable fashion during Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty augmentation

+2

The short answer is yes.  There are a number of ways to achieve this and which one is best for you depends on your goals, your plastic surgeons preference, and the specific qualities of your nose.  The big question is whether you will choose a synthetic implant or use your own body tissue to accomplish this.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Can rhinoplasty build up the bridge 1 cm?

+2

Having an underprojected bridge on profile view is not uncommon among Asian patients. The bridge can be built up with surgery using either cartilage grafts or another type of implant.

The level of augmentation that is advisable in your situation depends on your specific anatomy. This can be assessed with an examination and discussion regarding your goals.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1 cm rise in nose

+2

The Aisian nose is usually flat and if desired needs augmentation. However be careful. You need to find the correct relationship between your tip and the desired dorsal contour Also the radix is a relatively fixed point that if changed too much. changes the point of takeoff of the nose from the forehead. Also be careful of the selection of dorsal and tip implants

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Raise bridge

+2

You appear to have a short nose and shallow radix. Rhinoplasty with augmentation to the dorsum and or radix can help you. 1 cm is a lot in the abscence of saddling or trauma. You need to consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon and firm up your thoughts a little more.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon