Rhinoplasty - Previous Tiplasty 10 Years Ago, DIslike Fatty Asymmetrical Nostrils and Tip too Large at Base? (photo)

Had previous tiplasty 10 years ago. Don't like the fatty asymmetrical nostrils, nose just too large in tip and at base. What procedures are going to help me get improvement to my appearance? Do I need alar base reduction? Are there any other procedures that may be beneficial such as laser or cheek implants? What approach to rhinoplasty is likely to get me the best aesthetic result? Thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Secondary Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  It would be interesting and instructive to see your before photos.  It is possible that with time your tip definition and projection could have diminished.  This can result in alar flaring over time.  Stabilizing tip support with cartilage grafts, refining the tip cartilages and alar base reduction could put things back into proportion. Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Secondary rhino.

+2

Always best in repeat rhinoplasty to have ONLY IN PERSON evaluations. Over the internet very  hard to determine exact needs in revision rhinoplasty. 

No revision

+2

I understand the issues you point out. If you look at the whole face, the nose fits the face well. With revision rhinoplasty the goal should be to do it if it is really going to make a big difference in the appearance. Your overall looks are good and the nose is not distracting in any way. Remember the job of a nose is not to make a face look good but to avoid being noticed. Nobody looks at a face and says, ' Wow you have a beautiful nose.' The nose only becomes an issue when it is distracting. However, if you really want a revision for the large nostrils, start with an alarplasty to be conservative. Regards. Dr J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for nasal symmetry and balance.

+2

Revision rhinoplasty for nasal symmetry and balance to narrow your nasal base but also you need a radix graft and your nasal bones brought in to give better shape to your nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results. Your tip is adequately projected or slightly over projected so you do NOT need your tip advanced.

Bulbous tip

+2

Hi,

You have a classic bulbous tip. This can be reduced by defatting the tip and restructuring the cartilage. See links below for video explanantion.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/bulbous-tip-correction-videos.htm

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Candy:

I agree with the responses below that you should always thoroughly evaluate your goals before entering into any surgery, especially revision rhinoplasty.  Having said that, your nose does appear to be somewhat overrotated with an overly deep radix.  You should be evaluated by someone with experience in revision rhinoplasty so that a complete examination with hopefully some computer imaging can be performed to make sure that your goals can be met.

Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip probably worthy of a revision.

+1

The pictures are inadequate for a specific opinion. However does look like the tip would benefit from a revision keeping in mind that revisional surgery is always harder than the primary.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Rhinoplasty refinements

+1

Hello Candy,

Thank you for the question.  From your photo there appears to be some fullness to your nasal tip as well as some nostril asymmetry.  On full examination there may be other issues that also would benefit from correction.  I would obtain several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons that have good before and after photos.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=31&StartRow=6

Rhinoplasty and tip plasty

+1

A tip plasty is a rhinoplasty that only addresses the tip, while the nose is three dimensional structure. This often leads to disappointment when a tip plasty is performed as the overall proportion of the nose is lost.

I suggest a full rhinoplasty which will address the nasal boney base width, the alar base width and the tip bulbosity. This way the three dimensional proportion of the nose can be controlled and the best result achieved in terms of the balence between nasal length and width

All the best

Jeremy Hunt   

Web reference: http://www.drjeremyhunt.com.au

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Previous Tiplasty 10 Years Ago, DIslike Fatty Asymmetrical Nostrils and Tip too Large at Base?

+1

Dear Candy,

Thank you for your question and photos.  In general, I think your tip and dorsum are too prominent and can be reduced.  Making this less prominent will help bring out your other facial features.  The below link is an example of this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=285&StartRow=6

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon