Would I be able to do just a tip plasty and alar reduction or would i also need to augment my bridge? (photo)

Would I be able to do just a tip plasty and alar reduction or would i also need to augment my bridge? I would prefer not to augment the bridge but if the overall nose appearance would benefit, then please let me know. I would ideally like a more narrow appearing nose and a more refined tip. Of course I would also want to keep the nose in harmony with the rest of my face. Thanks for your time!

Asian rhinoplasty without augmenting nasal bridge

+1

The nose would be best kept in harmony if all 3 procedures were done simultaneously. 
Most patients perform the entire Asian rhinoplasty, which includes dorsal augmentation, alarplasty, and refinement of the tip.  Tip refinement in an Asian nose is difficult due to thick sebaceous skin that is present.  The dorsal augmentation with a silastic implant will give added height to the bridge creating the illusion of narrower sidewalls and tip refinement.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Majority of Asian rhinoplasties need some dorsal augmentation but depends on the extend of low dorsum, narrowing of the nasal bones will add a few millimeters to the dorsal height. Have used silastic implants in Asian nose for 18 years with satisfactory outcome. Will need Alar Repositioning Technique to narrow your nasal base. Alar reduction by itself won't suffice. See the before and after photos.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The consensus seems to be that you do not need to augment your bridge. Refining your tip and narrowing the nasal base will be a tremendous improvement, but do not rule out the possibility of augmenting the bridge because in the frontal views it does look a little flat. Having said that, you and your surgeon will decide after examining you and reviewing your profile pictures. Every nose and every patient is different.

Nasal surgery

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your profiel without seeing other views. It is certainly possible to jsut offer a tip plasty and alar base surgery, but an in-office exam is essential.

Would I be able to do just a tip plasty and alar reduction or would i also need to augment my bridge?

+1

Can't really evaluate the nasal bridge without a profile view of the nose.  Tip Plasty and alar reduction could be done with a closed Rhinoplasty and aesthetically, the chin is quite weak.  A chin implant can balance the lower face on profile.  Aesthetically, it's quite appropriate for a petite woman to have less dorsal height to the nose.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

+1

Hi,

Its very difficult to say without seeing a true profile of you nose. Most Asian rhinoplasties do have an implant placed to raise and refine the bridge. However, you question is best answered by examining your nose from a profile view.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/ethnic-revision-rhinoplasty-case-study-2.htm

Can I do just a tip plasty?

+1

It does appear from your photos that it would be ok to limit your surgery to those two steps if that is what you would like to achieve. I would suggest you have a consult with computer imaging and see how it would look with and without bridge augmentation. That should give you a better idea if limiting your surgery will get you what you want. Good luck!

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You can absolutely just do an alar base reduction, tip plasty, or dorsal augmentation or any combination.  The most important thing is doing it in a fashion that still leaves a natural looking appearance.  Many patients just opt to have the tip refined and the alar base narrowed to enhance their appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/asianrhinoplasty

+1

Yourt posted photos demonstrate that a bridge augmentation could be done but it is your decision. Why not try injecting Restylane filler to the bridge to see if you like the elevation. 

No need to augment bridge

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you have a nice bridge and there is no need to augment if if you are happy with it.  At times, when the skin is thick, more tip narrowing can be accomplished if the bridge is also augmented.