Rhinoplasty Question: Dislike Side View of Nose

Hi, I am an 18 year old female and I've wanted to get a rhinoplasty for years. I know my nose is bulbous from the front view, however the side view of my nose is what bothers me most. I don't know the 'technical terms' for what I dislike about it, but just everything about the profile view of my nose is VERY aesthetically displeasing to me. If anyone could take a look at my picture and help me understand exactly what I might be seeing, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Your nose can definitely be improved with a Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose can definitely be improved with a Rhinoplasty a bit of filing to the dorsum and also some fine detailing to the tip of the nose can be done to make for a better profile and a more finer look.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Rhinoplasty is fast becoming one of the most common procedures performed. It is an out-patient surgery, with quick recovery. The surgery is tailored toward each patient, since noses vary so much. typical planning for the surgery may involve photo imaging to help design the procedure for each patient allowing the patient to help in the process. Usually several views of the nose are used. With the limited views you provided it appears the main issue is the projection of the nose and the wide tip area. All of these can be easily corrected, and most likely there are other issues that will require a more through exam, including breathing problems that may exist.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dislike profile view of nose. ( Tension nose )

+1

This condition is sometimes called tension nose. The reason is over growth of nasal septum which leads to over projection of the nasal structure. Simply, the nose is being pushed out of the face. The nose has to be refined and reset back by combination of several procedures which include dorsal reduction, nasal spine reduction and tip refinement in addition to reduction of anterior septum.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problems With Profile View

+1

In the profile view you have a small bony hump, a bulbous tip, and a hanging columella. All these unfavorable characteristics can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

I am not sure what bothers you exactly from the profile. If it is the upturn of the tip that can be adjusted.  The bublosity of the nose can also be corrected.

Profile enhancement with rhinoplasty.

+1

You may not like the shortness or "upturned" look on the profile. This and the bulbous tip can be corrected at the same time by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Correcting Upturned Nose

+1

Regarding : "Rhinoplasty question: dislike side view of nose  Hi, I am an 18 year old female and I've wanted to get a rhinoplasty for years. I know my nose is bulbous from the front view, however the side view of my nose is what bothers me most. I don't know the 'technical terms' for what I dislike about it, but just everything about the profile view of my nose is VERY aesthetically displeasing to me. If anyone could take a look at my picture and help me understand exactly what I might be seeing, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance"

Your nasal dorsum (back / top of nose) is relatively straight and non deviated. But you have a upturned tall nose tip (Hyper-projecting tip), giving it a Cyrano de Bergerac appearance and a prominence of the anterior nasal spine (the forward bump of the upper lip at the junction with the nose.

Both of these features are totally correctable with Rhinoplasty.

Dr. Aldea