What Surgery Options Would You Suggest for my Nose? (photo)

Would love to hear what the doctors in the realself community would suggest for my nose (picture attached). Thank You for your time. I appreciate it!

Rhinoplasty procedure suggestions

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure for this particular nose would involve shaving the dorsal hump, raising the tip slightly, very minimal refinement of the tip, and release of the depressor septi ligament (which makes the tip droop upon animation).  Osteotomies would only need to be performed if the patient wanted to narrow the bridge line.

Rhinoplasty

+2

I would perform a closed rhinoplasty in your case. I would reduce the tip cartilage to obtain better tip definition.  I would remove the nasal bump which consists of both cartilage and bone, and break the nasal bones to narrow them. Internal breathing work would depend on what I find at the time of your initial examination.  If you go on my website and look at the first rhinoplasty shown, you will see someone whose nose is quite similar to yours and what I would envision for your situatiion.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Surgical Options for Nose

+2

As best I can tell from the pictures you submitted I suggest you consider removing the hump and correcting the hanging, asymmetrical, wide tip.  Better pictures would be helpful. Go to my website for instructions on what views to submit and then send them to us so the panel can provide more complete recommendations.

What Surgery Options Would You Suggest for my Nose?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, the nose could be improved by removing the slight dorsal hump, thinning the nasal bones, nasal tip and rotating the droopy tip several degrees.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Plan for nose

+1

If you can submit better photos of your nose, showing the nose in front and full profile views, you could receive a simulation of what may be achievable

Sam Naficy, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can help with the contour of your nose

+1

I think the overall size and shape of your nose looks pretty nice from these photos.  I think some fillers to help with the contour issues would be really helpful.  In particular:

1. The dorsal contour could be smoother, fillers above and below your bump would be awesome.
  2. Some of the asymmetry could be addressed placing fillers in the concave areas.
  3. The tip could have a little more umph to make it not look like it's droopy.

Many people who are considering a surgical modification to their nose should at least consider the non-surgical route first, because surgery is a big deal.

Good luck in your search for information, we have similar cases in our photo gallery.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would you suggest for my nose? (photo)

+1

My suggestions would be based on your beliefs about what you would like changed and how.  Because you are going to live with the result, you should have as much control as possible over the final appearance of your nose, and face.  This is why frank communication before any procedure is so important in the consultation process.

Steve Laverson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos show a slightly drooping asymmetric tip. Standard trimming of the upper edge of the tip cartilages and suture alignment of the tip cartilages to each other should suffice to rotate the tip up and make it more symmetric. Other issues may be present that are not easily visible in your posted photos but could/should be addressed at surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD