Rhinoplasty Puffiness in Ball of Nose - 1.5 Yrs Post Op - Options for Remedy? (photo)

I'm 1.5 yrs post open rhinoplasty.The skin on ball/tip healed w/ a permanent puffiness. It created a dark line/shadow above where puffiness begins on bridge. My surgeon said the tissue didn't heal as smooth to the bone as he'd have likeddespite taping &multiple shots of cortisone. After cortisone, the swelling reduces to the ideal, but returns to puffy a few mths later. My surgeon suggests he cut away excess skin tissue to correct the issue. Is this the best approach to remedy the situation??

Thinning the nasal tip

+2

If the cartilages were sutured together to create a narrower tip and it feels like soft tissue that is creating the "lump" then it may be "doable."  Remeber, thinning the skin can cause divots.

Ball like tip after rhinoplasty

+2

What you appear to have is a problem with balance in the bridge and supratip. The nasal bone in the upper third is low, and the lower two thirds rises up and projects at the same level of the tip. Steriods will not help, but revision can. The skin is not the issue, the support under is.

Rhinoplasty Puffiness in Ball of Nose - 1.5 Yrs Post Op - Options for Remedy?

+2

If your surgeon maximally reduced the tip component without creating a breathing problem, then thinning the soft tissue envelope is a possible next step.  This is impossible to assess from your current pictures alone.   Your nose looks very nice as far as noses go, but I do not have a frame of reference as far as preoperative pictures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Poly beak deformity etc. after rhinoplasty

+1

You need a revision to correct your poly beak deformity a slight pinched tip. If your surgeon has a great deal of experience he will know how to do this. If in doubt get a second opinion.