Rhinoplasty Procedure 2 Yrs Ago. Now Random Excessive Swelling of the Eyes- Why? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty procedure done two years ago in Korea to raise my flat nose and tip. Now, I randomly experience sever swelling of the eyelids from time to time. It starts at the corner of my eye near my tear ducts and then it expands to the entire upper eyelid within like 30 minutes. It gets bad to the point where my swollen eye's eyebrow is like halfway into my forehead. This occurs roughly every few weeks or months, usually when I'm sleeping (I wake up to it.) It starts w an itch.

Post op eyelid swelling

+1

Nasolacrimal duct obstruction is a potential cause. An ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon for evaluation, as others have indicated.

Rhinoplasty Procedure 2 Yrs Ago. Now Random Excessive Swelling of the Eyes- Why?

+1

IMHO, this sounds more like an intermittent obstruction of the upper eyelid lacrimal duct.  Unless you had a dorsal graft and you have redness or tenderness over the nose before the eye symptoms, it doesn't seem to be related to your Rhinoplasty.  Go and see an ophthalmologist for evaluation of your eyelid and lacrimal ducts.

Eyelid Swelling

+1

You need to seek a board certified specialist who can help you.  You may have damage to your nasolacrimal duct leading to obstruction or a separate condition.  Either way, it needs to be addressed and taken care of.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Nasolacrimal duct obstruction after rhinoplasty

+1

You should see an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon.  It may or may not be related to the rhinoplasty.  If related to rhinoplasty, that could be because you have nasolacrimal duct (tear duct) blockage, with intermittent infection.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You need to have further evaluation

+1

I would recommend to have evaluation by a board certified ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon. You need to have MRI to evaluate to origin of the swelling. This may not be related to the rhinoplasty.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid swelling two years after rhinoplasty

+1

From the photo submitted the swelling in the upper lid is more likely related to allergy rather than your two year old rhinoplasty. Start with a visit to your opthalmologist to help sort things out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com