What rhinoplasty procedure would you recommend for my nose? (photo)

I'm 19 and am saving up for rhinoplasty. I broke my nose my nose after getting punched when I was 11 and it has really effected my nose ever since. As you can see, my nose has a big hump with a bone sharply sticking out to the left-hand side as a result of the punch. I've been jibed and insulted all my life and my nose really dents any confidence I have.

Rhinoplasty for broken nose and hump reduction

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed both bone and cartilage. Osteotomies will be required to straighten and narrow the nasal bones. For many examples of hump reduction in our practice, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Rhinoplasty Procedure?

+1

From your photos and brief history, your concerns about the bony anatomy of your nose can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on seeing 2 dimensional photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What rhinoplasty procedure would you recommend for my nose?

+1

I think that your goals are achievable with regard to hump reduction.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA