Which Rhinoplasty Procedure Do You Recommend? (photo)

I dislike my nose. I personally feel that it is too bulbous at the tip and that my nostrils feel high and flared. I'm considering rhinoplasty but I am unsure as to what type would suit my nose best ad what would give me satisfactory and natural results as I am not looking for a dramatic change.

Rhinoplasty procedure

+1

It is very important to ask the patient specifically what they are interested in improving with their own nose, and then a surgical plan can be formulated.  Computer imaging and open dialogue with your surgeon helps a lot with this process.  Some of the areas that can be improved with this nose are to reduce the bulbous tip, and alar-plasty to reduce the nostrils, and possibly augmenting the bridge with the patient's own cartilage, and narrowing the nasal bones with osteotomies 

Finesse rhinoplasty will give you subtle improvement.

+1

Hi.

Every rhinoplasty includes several steps, and the steps are individualized for each patient. Just going by your pictures, I would recommend a "closed" rhinoplasty that  1)  narrowed the nose slightly,  2) refined the tip slightly, and  3) tucked in the nostrils slightly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Which rhinoplasty for me?

+1

I would recommend that you have a consult with computer imaging so you can see how different changes affect your overall facial look. Once you and your surgeon have agreed on the look that you are trying to achieve then he/she will tell you what steps are needed to take place to get this result. Shaping and refining your tip and nasal width should give you nice improvement but you need to see how this looks first and decide if that is what you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best rhinoplasty.

+1

The best rhinoplasty for u is the one that refines your tip and width with a natural result. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon wholes work looks natural. 

Nostrils High and Flared and Bulbous Tip

+1

I would offer you a closed rhinoplasty in which the tip could be refined and the flaring of the nostrils reduced.  There are some other subtleties here that need to be discussed in person after an exam evaluating the stability of the tip and external nasal valve as well as nostril symmetry.  Please find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA