What Rhinoplasty Procedure Needs to Be Done to Obtain a Thinner Nose with a Defined Tip? (photo)

I am a female and would like a thinner, more defined nose. I don't mind my nose on the side however as shown on the front it is kind of boxy with a bulbous tip, its kind of uneven at the part between the nostrils also? I have quite small nostrils that are like little circles so not sure if alarplasty would help? Any advice on what procedures need to be done would be great thanks

What Rhinoplasty Procedure Needs to Be Done to Obtain a Thinner Nose with a Defined Tip?

+1

Dear Ashy,

Thank you for the post. A profile photo would be beneficial.  Thinning the nose in general involves cutting of the bone, or 'osteotomies'.  Defining the tip involves a 'cephalic alar trim and inter and intra domal sutures (defining the tip or tiplasty).  

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without a profile view, I can only comment on the nasal tip.  An open Tip-plasty (partial Rhinoplasty) would be able to refine the nasal tip.

Rhinoplasty for more tip definition and thinner nose bridge

+1

There are multiple techniques performed on the tip cartilages of the nose which include cartilage removal, and suturing techniques whereby the tip cartilages are  sutured together to give more refinement, definition and narrowness to the nasal tip. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are performed to narrow nasal bones and corresponding upper lateral cartilages. Please see  the link below for examples of how we have narrowed wide noses in our practice

+1

Tip refinement with tip elevation and reduction of the hanging columella along with narrowing the dorsum is reasonable.  I would not reduce the alar base in your situation.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA