Rhinoplasty Procedure to Narrow Bridge and Refine Tip?

I never considered my nose as "out of proportion" with my face until I took figure drawing classes. Then I understood what features are classically "beautiful". Narrow bridge, defined tip. I have never felt very "pretty" and have never gotten tons of attention on my looks, not that it is what I am always looking for, but I think my looks could be improved. I am not sure what kind of procedure would benefit my face. I am doing the research and thought this might be a good place.

Rhinoplasty for improved tip and dorsum definition

+2

You are correct, rhinoplasty can be done to refine the nasal tip and dorsum. As a budding artist, you have now realized that what we perceive when we look at a face or nose are shadows/light reflections. It is really this that we are manipulating in rhinoplasty. Considerations for this include the underlying structure of the nose (cartilage and bone) as well as the texture/thickness/elasticitiy of the nasal skin. It is really impossible for me (or anyone else) to determine what is right for you from this photo. A personal examination would help determine what could be done to give a more harmonious appearance.

See the video on nasal tip surgery, it may help answer your question as well.

Good luck to you,
Dr. Sam P Most

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Define Nose

+2

With only one picture to evaluate, I agree that your nose appears to be out of proportion with your other facial features. You will determine exactly what should be done after consultation with surgeons who specialize in the evaluation and improvement of facial aesthetics.

Improving your appearance.

+2

You raise many issues of importance that arise during a typical plastic surgery consultation. Although some patients offer themselves to be blank canvases, I believe patients who have specific concerns fare better with their results and outcomes. You have referred to your nose and I would limit my comments to this. This photo and particularly the lens make it difficult to assess. It appears that your skin is thick (sebaceous) and this may be difficult to overcome. A side view would be helpful in determining the rotation of the tip as well as the amount of projection

Thick Skin May be Contributing to the Overall Appearance

+1

Often the classically beautiful nose has a certain degree of definition that contributes to its attractiveness. Some people have slightly thicker skin than others and as a result have less definition of their nasal and facial features.

In your case a thorough photographic analysis would be helpful to see your nose from other views. I get the impression that you skin may be slightly thicker than average and this may be contributing. Your surgeon will be able to help evaluate your nasal features, including skin thickness, and recommend the ideal surgical plan.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to narrow bridge and refine tip

+1

I would be able to give you the best advice after seeing additional photos and/or examining you in person. Suggestions would depend upon on how exactly you want to improve the cosmetic appearance of your nose. It is possible to narrow your nasal bones with osteotomies, and perform conservative tip work, where your tip would appear a little bit more defined.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you have any additional photos you would like to send. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

A rhinoplasty to narrow the nasal bridge and refine the nasal tip would allow your nose to be better balanced with your other facial features. Look for a surgeon who has before and after photos you like and schedule to meet with him/her for an evaluation.

Rhinoplasty to narrow the nose

+1

From this one photos it appears as though you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. It would be essential to see profile views as well as have an examination of your nose in person to evaluate your skin thickness and tip support to determine how much improvement you should expect. Best of luck.

Jason B. Diamond, MD

Nasal tip surgery during rhinoplasty

+1

If you are exploring rhinoplasty, I would suggest seeing 1-2 surgeons in your area who specialize in this area. Based on your photo, you look as if your nasal tip could be narrowed to bring your nose into harmony with the rest of your face. Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Nose refinement

+1

Hi young lady.  Your picture (focal length, angle, etc.) are not ideal for accurate diagnosis.  Given that, I agree that your nose could be improved with narrowing, and refinig of the tip. You didn't mention your age, and you should be around 15 or older.

best of luck.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) can reshape the bridge and tip of your nose

+1

Hello - From your picture it appears as though you may benefit from narrowing of your nasal tip as well as the bridge.  The entire procedure will take about 3-4 hours and the recovery lasts about 1 week.  A small incision is made underneath your nose to expose all of the cartilage and bone in order to obtain the aesthetic results that you want. Afterward, the pain is well controlled by oral pain medicine.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD