1 Year Post Op, Is This Bump and Dent Left Behind Permanent? (photo)

I had mine done a year ago, doctor removed a bump on nose and narrowed it. One of nose's wing looks shorter than other one, is it going to even up when swelling will go down? Still there is little bump and its noticeable. I also feel a dent on my right side of nose (same level with bump) but it is not noticeable when you look at it, left side feels perfect. Is it open roof? There is also tiny bump on left side of tip, since I had closed rhinoplasty and scars are in the left nasal, is it a scar tissue?

1 year post-op

+2

There are a few minor issues with your nose:

• Right alar retraction
  • Inverted V deformity
  • Small residual hump

If these bother you then discuss them with your surgeon and if he/she takes pride in his/her work they will likely want to help you improve these issues

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Bump and Dent 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the pictures which clearly show the irregularities you describe. These are probably permanent 1 year after the surgery. The bump can be filed and the dents augmented with cartilage or fillers. A minor revision will refine your result.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Although hard to tell without a full exam,yes, it appears that the bump will stay. It looks like bone. My concern though,  is not the bump. You have classic signs of dorsal saddling. The middle vault has collapsed after the hump was removed, this may cause you to have nasal obstruction.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon