Rhinoplasty Post-op Profile is Identical to Pre-op Profile

I got a closed rhinoplasty a week ago to remove a hump on my bridge and requested my nose have a slight feminine curve for my profile. When my splint was removed i found the hump still there and my profile remained identical. If this is swelling (which I doubt because it looks exactly the same as pre-op), is it possible that it will go down to a curve like I wanted? Or do I need more bridge rasped away? (the photo is my 6 day post-op)

Reduced dorsal reduction

+1
One week is early but you should entertain the idea that a bit more reduction may be necessary.  It is possible that the reduction of the dorsum was not take down enough.  Give it 6-8 weeks more and decide with your plastic surgeon. 

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does it Take for Swelling after Rhinoplasty to Resolve

+1

There could still be a dramatic improvement.

Usually, there is a great deal of swelling one week after rhinoplasty.

You should discuss  your concern with your plastic surgeon as he can probably re-assure you.

"Rasping down" the hump of dorsum as a revision procedure should only be considered after at least 6-9 months depending the degree of excess.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Results after rhinoplasty

+1

At one week out from your surgery, it is much too early to determine what your nose will ultimately look like. Any discussion of re-operation should likewise be deferred for several months. Your plastic surgeon should be able to reassure you about what you can expect in the immediate post-operative period as you recover from your surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Rhinoplasty Post-Op Profile is Identical to Pre-Op Profile

+1

Hi,

Don't fret!  Be patient and you should see your profile improve week by week over the year.  If your nose had the perfect desired profile curve at this point, you might be happy for a year or two, but in 5 to 10 years your nose will have "shrunk-wrapped" into a obviously "done-rhinoplasty" nose.  Listen to your rhinoplasty surgeon.  He/she was there, felt and sculpted your nose, and saw it before the swelling occurred.  It looks as if you are a beautiful woman, and that you will have a beautiful nose and profile.  Please let us know how things go over the next few months.  If you are an old time TV fan, there was an episode of "The Danny Thomas" show where Danny (a large Lebanese profile nose) decides to get a rhinoplasty against his family's wishes.  He goes ahead with the surgery anyway, no one in the family speaks to him for the week that the cast is on.  Danny realizes that he made a mistake and wishes that he had not done the operation, it wasn't worth losing his identity with his family.  On the day the surgeon takes off the splint, his nose is exactly the same.  The surgeon told him that he knew that he really didn't need to change his nose to change his life.  Danny was happy, his family was happy, and you too should be happy once your nose settles.  There is nothing to do at this point anyway for at least 6 to 12 months. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

1 week after your procedure is far too early to determine your result.  The best thing you can do is discuss your concerns with your Surgeon.  Time and reassurance are what you need; the best source for this is the Surgeon who performed the procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after nose job

+1

One week is way too early. Give it more time and yes it is possible to have more of a "slight feminine curve" especially if and when the supra-tip swelling resolves.

Profile Before and After Rhinoplasty

+1

Your profile is not the same as it was before surgery, unless you had swelling pre-operatively. Let your normal post-op swelling resolve for a couple months before you begin to critique your result. I'm sorry you were expecting a final result immediately after surgery.