Is It Ok to Have Rhinoplasty if Platelets Result is 428,000?

Rhinoplasty & Platelets

+1

In general platelets are a good thing as they help you stop bleeding.  Lab tests may at times vary from the 'normal' range for many reasons (i.e. dehydration).  Ask your surgeon what he/she thinks.

Blood disorder and cosmetic surgery

+1

428,000 is not too much above the normal range so I would normally not consider it a problem. Even normal platelet counts can be a problem if the platelets are not functioning properly. If there is any doubt your surgeon can have you get a bleeding time test to test the function of your platelets.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

The normal range for platlets is 150,000 to 400,000.  If your Rhinoplasty Surgeon is concerned or there's something in your medical history found by your family doctor, you can see a hematologist for evaluation.  

Rhinoplasty with 428,000 Platelet Count

+1

That platelet count should not be a problem when you have a rhinoplasty. However, I'm assuming that your medical history is normal and you will consult with an internist or hematologist before the surgery is scheduled.

+1

I doubt it would be a problem but that is a question best asked of a hematologist. That is the medical speciality that takes care of issues relating to your question.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD