Is It Possible To Undergo Rhinoplasty to Get a "Pixie Nose"?

I have a thin nose but it is long and tall, and has a slight hump. I have a small face and it is not proportioned with the rest of my facial features. A "pixie" like nose would suit my face well but I do not know if I will be able to make my nose flat, short, and upturned. If it is possible do I need to see a specialist?

+1

Thank you for your question, Chelsea. One of the primary goals of cosmetic rhinoplasty is to improve the shape and size of the nose to be in better proportion and balance with your face. It is possible to improve the flatness (hump reduction), length, and degree of upturn (rotation). Certainly see a nasal specialist or a plastic surgeon with substantial experience with rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty to Get a "Pixie Nose"

+1

Firs of all, if you want cosmetic nasal surgery, you should find a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want a "pixie nose " but a nose can be rotated and shortened. My website has instructions on what views of your nose to submit so we can respond to your questions.

Rhinoplasty specialists for proportionate results

+1

Rhinoplasty is a pretty custom operation. The upside is that it allows a surgeon to custom tailor a patient's nose to their preferences--within anatomical constraints--and still leave it looking natural and functioning properly. The downside is that such custom work really requires and experienced surgeon who specializes primarily in rhinoplasty. It's also critical that the patient and the surgeon are on the same wavelength aesthetically. For my rhinoplasty patients I always do a computer "morphing" or simulation of what I think can realistically be done with a patient's nose while still satisfying their goals. This lets them confirm that we both have the same vision in mind.

Custom nasal surgery is complex. Yes, see a specialist.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pixie nose

+1

I always try to give a natural result for patients. The old days of the pinched tip or pixie nose would often leave patients with functional breathing problems.

+1

Photos would help in the evaluation of your nose for possible Rhinoplasty...the goal of which in my aesthetic judgement should be a naturally, attractive, refined nose.  Pixie, as it refers to noses, aesthetically carries a negatiuve connotation of a, short, upturned nose.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty to create pixie-like nose

+1

Photos are needed to provide feedback as to whether or not a pixie-like nose is realistic.  Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty for the "pixie" nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the "pixie" nose. I would need to see your nose to make any determination. Noses can be rotated if they are too long, etc. but I would need to see you or at least photos.