Rhinoplasty Pinching Only to the Left 6 Years After Revision. Are Fillers Appropriate? (photo)

Had my septum straightened and tip thinned at the same time. I was 19 and happy with the results until I was 25. The left side began to recede, revision was done by the same physician and I was happy for 6 years. Now, at 35, the pinch is back and its leaning left (especially when I smile). I’m prone to scar tissue. He recommended fillers this time around. I'm frustrated and would like to figure out if this is the right option and/or if I should find another surgeon based on the results so far.

Pinching of nose

+1

An injectable filler will give you a temporary fix for several months. This may work out nicely for you. 

Nasal Valve Collapse

+1

Hi,

Your pinching is also called nasal valve collapse.  You may notice that you have trouble breathing as well. Filler are NOT a good option in this case. Consider having a revision rhinoplasty with Nasal valve reconstruction.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Pinching Only to the Left 6 Years After Revision. Are Fillers Appropriate?

+1

If your surgeon is an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who performs hundreds a year, there may not be a lot that anyone can do.  Having said that, I do not think a filler will help with the deviation.  I would approach this through another rhinoplasty.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Avoid fillers in the alar rim after rhinoplasty surgery.

+1

I am sorry that you are having issues with your nose. It looks like a scar contracture has occured in the left ala. This is repairable by an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon. I do not like fillers in this area as the skin is very tight and can easily be damaged by attempts to inject a filler. The worst complication I have seen after a rhinoplasty was a patient that had filler injected here and it caused necrosis and skin loss. Please be careful. Consult an expert about your options to permenantly fix your problem, most likely with a cartilage graft from the ear.

I hope this helps

Dr Wayne

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon