Pig-Like Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had my open rhinoplasty done on aug 17 and had the splint removed on the 24th, 3 days go. I was horrified to see the results. The tip of my nose is very lifted to the point where i can see both my nostrils clearly. I never asked my surgeon for a lift on my nose, i just wanted the bump removed. i can still see a small hump. The dr said the tip would go down, as swelling goes down. Will the tip go down? How long does it take?

#Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Without photographs it is impossible to tell you more about your situation. The nose can become turned up after a rhinoplasty, but you are far too early to make any determination as to your progress. Stay in contact with your surgeon to follow your results closely.

Vincent Marin, MD

Upturned nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear vrodriguez,

-Don't worry too much right now, this is very common right after surgery

-As the swelling comes down, the tip will rotate downwards

-Just give it time, you will see changes over the next several weeks to months

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Pig like nose after rhinoplasty

+1

This early after surgery there can be extra rotation or upturn to the tip as a result of tissue swelling This effect should settle down appreciably in the next few weeks. Keep following with your surgeon to make sure that your nose heals appropriately.

If it turns out that your nose doesn't settle down properly it is possible to revise this if needed.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/blog/post/fix-an-upturned-shortened-nose-after-a-prior-nose-job

Pig like nose

+1

First, it is too early to tell about how it will look when it is only 3 days after surgery. Sometimes the splint and dressings will make the nose look funny. Give it a few weeks before you jump to conclusions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.