Can This Rhinoplasty Be Done Before College?

right now, i am a senior in high school, and am hoping to get a nose job before college. it's difficult not liking something that resides in the middle of your face. i know it's just a minor thing, but i would like to fix it. here are the pictures (photo labeled "before" is what my nose looks like right now, photos labeled "after" is what i would LIKE my nose to look like) is this possible? what would you do to my nose??

Limited rhinoplasty procedure

+2

From the photos you have submitted, it is a relatively straight forward procedure to provide you with the results you are looking for. Judging by your after pictures, you would like relatively minor changes predominantly involving improving your profile. It is much easier to perform a rhinoplasty on a patient, in my opinion, who has a good idea of what they would like done to their nose rather than one who is unsure and wants me to create something that I like. That being said, I would certainly recommend a facial plastic surgeon who performs a fair number of rhinoplasty procedures. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty before College - What can be done?

+1

Rhinoplasty is a 3D operation - It's sculptural and usually changing one portion can have an effect on another portion. Having said that it appears that your concern is the prominence of your profile, or the 'bump' on your nasal bridge. This is usually a straightforward problem to remedy. Having the tip of the nose positioned properly in relation to the bridge of the nose can sometimes be more work. It all depends upon the structure of the tip and how much intrinsic strength it already has. What this means is sometimes very little has to be done to the tip and other times the addition of cartilage may be necessary to give the tip better projection and definition. A consultation with a Rhinoplasty surgeon could answer that question immediately. Regardless of the findings however, you would probably be very pleased with the results of a Rhinoplasty since it could give you a natural look that is in balance with the rest of your face. Best of Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Rhinoplasty before college

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is an outpatient surgical procedure typically done under general anesthesia. Certainly the bridge is can be pared down, both the cartilage and the bony components, as well as making sure the tip balances with the remainder of the nose. It is important to make sure that the nose balances with itself and with the rest of the facial features. Find a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of nasal surgeries. Computer imaging is a great idea and is a useful communication tool.

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

Congratulations: you have photo imaged a very natural result, at least in the profile view. What are your goals when evaluating your nose from the front? So far so good, but submit more pictures.

Rhinoplasty Computer Imaging as a Predictor of Surgical Results

+1

Hi SS,

From your profile views you can achieve your goals with a properly performed rhinoplasty.  Not only that, you are a great photo shop imager, and could work in any facial plastic surgeons office doing computer imaging of noses...nice nasal proportions.  I routinely use realistic computer imaging as a tool in rhinoplasty consultation, and then as a guide immediately prior to surgery. You will need to choose your surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

No Recommendation Until the Front View Can Be Seen

+1

Sparklestar,

Remember that  a rhinoplasty is a three-dimensional operation. The surgeon needs to see your nose in all views.

Suggest re-submitting with profile, front  and 45-degree angle views. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Beverly Hills,CA

Robert Kotler, MD

You appear to have realistic expectations regarding rhinoplasty surgery.

+1

The first imaged photos you show are my favorite of the three. You lowered your nasal bridge and gave a gentle, feminine curve. I think it's realistic to expect a result like this from well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

Research your surgeon thoroughly, and start to consult some area board-certified rhinoplasty specialists. You can check aafprs.org to get a list of local facial plastic surgeons.

Good luck!

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

This Rhinoplasty Be Done

+1

Yes you can achieve the results you desire. Seek 3 opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. Than discuss with your family since you are under age. Berst of Luck

Dorsal hump removal

+1

It seems that what you want is straightforward enough.  A dorsal hump removal should give you a nise straight dorsum in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Make sure to go to the best because you don't want to need revisions later if possible.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Certainly changes that you request can be achieved, although I would caution you that photoshopped photos can not mimic the final results exactly.