Is it a rhinoplasty very painful, after surgery when they do, your block of my nose?

I mean my bone and the tip and the width of the nose,is the price $5000 dollars to much price or because is to cheap i'll would have,bad surgery? thank's Karla

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

The pain after rhinoplasty depends on the extent of surgery. You should expect more pain if the bones need to be broken. Most patients describe more of a sense of pressure after rhinoplasty as opposed to being really painful.

Rhinoplasty discomfort after surgery

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is not very painful after the procedure, unless packing has been placed inside the nose. We do not place any splints or packing inside the nose and patients take very few pain pills During the entire postoperative course. Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the surgery and the cast will stay on across the bridge of the nose for one week. Our price list and photo the gallery are located on the link below.

Swelling after Splint Removal

+1

After removal of the external nasal splint, the nasal bones may (temporarily) appear overly narrow. A ridge of bone at the osteotomy site may be easily felt. This is because the tip as been free to swell while the upper two thirds have been pushed inward by the splint. Usually over several days to weeks the bones readjust slightly to a natural position and the tip continues to shrink. During this time it is important to be patient and follow up with your surgeon to express any concerns.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unusual to have significant pain after rhinoplasty. Depending on what is necessary, a charge of $5,000 is low but select a surgeon on the basis of results you're shown not just the cost.

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

This is a good question. Pain after rhinoplasty is uncommon, unlike other plastic surgery procedures on the body. Patients usually complain about numbness and nasal stuffiness which resolves after a few weeks. In fact, many patients take minimal pain medications after surgery like Tylenol.

The price for nasal surgery varies based upon the amount of work needed, the region of the country, and experience and expertise of the surgeon. See several surgeons before making your final decision and good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty not usually painful.

+1

Rhinoplasty not a painful procedure. I block all of my patients at the end of surgery and many do not use pain pills. You generally get what u pay for but if the surgeon does excellent work it is ok. Otherwise get a second opinion.

+1

$5000 is on the low side, but that does not mean you will have a bad job. The surgeon performing the surgery should have pictures on the website to give you an idea of what to expect. The rhinoplasty is not a particularly painful procedure.