7 Months After Rhinoplasty, Upper Nose is Tender and Sore, What Can I Do?

Its been 7 months since my rhinoplasty and the upper half of my nose near my eyes is tender and sore and i have sharp pain sensations come and go. What could this be? I have to wait a few weeks to see an ent specialist, i have been given penicilins etc.. in case its an infection, but the pain comes again. Also sore eyes/lids. Advice?

Upper Nose Pain 7 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You are correct in assuming that pain is not normal 7 months after your rhinoplasty. I would not wait several weeks to see your surgeon or an ENT specialist. Although very rare, if this is an infection of your nose or sinuses, this should be evaluated and treated ASAP.

+1

Go back and have an evaluation and examination, of your nose, with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  No other Rhinoplasty Surgeon knows what was done during your Rhinoplasty...only the Rhinoplasty Surgeon who performed your Rhinoplasty knows that and as such is really the only person that can answer this question.  Good luck and hope this helps.  FYI, the nose should not be sore at all at 7 months post Rhinoplasty, so IMHO you should be seen in a reasonable time frame.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com