Is This Rhinoplasty Outcome Reasonably Achievable? (photo)

The bridge of my nose is so wide that it makes me look like its been broken. It looks crooked in nearly all photos of me. I've digitally altered a photo of my face to see if rhinoplasty is right for me. Keep in mind, I created this in five minutes and all I did was narrow the nose. I'm really not sure what else would be right for me. My question is, is rhinoplasty right for my nose? I would like a cute nose, but I'm sure more emphasis needs to be put on "natural". I live in Ottawa, ON.

You can have narrow bridge after rhinoplasty.

+2

Hi.

Your expectations seem very reasonable.  Narrowing the nose is relatively simple to do, by moving the nasal bones closer together.

Reasonable outcome from rhinoplasty

+2

You are off to a very good start, and computer simulation is a excellent way to plan and anticipate changes in rhinoplasty. I think you are right on track and what you show is very reasonable to expect.

Is this Rhinoplasty Outcome Reasonably Achievable?

+1

I think your computer modeling provides a great goal.  This is a good starting point to discuss your ideal with your surgeon, However, skin thickness and other issues may prevent an exact match.

James H. Fuller, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to reduce size of nose

+1

Rhinoplasty can be used to reduce the width and overall size of the nose so it better fits with your other facial features. It can also be used to treat a crooked nose.

An examination would allow for a better orverall assessment, but I suspect that rhinoplasty is an option for you. Consult with a few experienced rhinoplasty surgeons to see what types of changes are possible

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Photo simulation of rhinoplasty results

+1
  • The computer simulation is a great tool to help you discuss with  your your surgeon what you envision is a nice outcome. Show and discuss your ideal outcome with your plastic surgeon.
  • You photo shows a more narrow and elevated tip- which are reasonable requests in rhinoplasty tip work. Some of the result depends on how your skin reacts and contracts over the cartilage tip changes- so there can be some variation in your actual result.
  • best of luck!

Michael Suzman, MD

Is This Rhinoplasty Outcome Reasonably Achievable?

+1

Poor posted photos can only allow an answer of I think so. But best to obtain in person opinions to see if the desires you want are realistic 

Reasonable Outcome from Rhinoplasty

+1

I wish the surgery was as easy as the morphing, but you have very reasonable expectations. Have your work is done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so you get a natural result like you have drawn..