Visiting an Orthodontist After Rhinoplasty

How long must I wait after a Rhinoplasty before I can go to an orthodontist?

Orthodontist After 6 Weeks of Recovery

+1

The most important part of rhinoplasty recovery is giving your nose a chance to heal. While unlikely, it is possible that the nose could be inadvertently bumped or hit during dental / orthodontic work.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

If the orthodontist appointment can wait, wait 6 weeks

+1

The nose will be mostly healed within 4 weeks, but is still susceptible to mild blunt force trauma (your orthodontist hitting it by mistake while working on your mouth). Talk to both doctors and let them tell you what they think. It the orthodontic appointment can wait, then it would be safest to wait 6 weeks. Good luck!

Orthodontic treatment after rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait for 3 weeks. That is the average time it takes for nasal bones to heal and become strong enough to withstand mild trauma. This would be the minimum and the longer you can wait the better.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Orthodontist and rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait at least 3 weeks before going to the orthodontist. You may have some discomfort while the orthodontist is manipulating your braces if he/she is not careful. If there is no rush then give it some time.

Orthodontist after rhinoplasty

+1

If you are planning on having a procedure done by your orthodontist, I would recommend waiting until at least 6 weeks after your surgery. It's best to discuss this with both your plastic surgeon and your orthodontist, as they may have different recommendations based upon your particular situation. Best wishes, nsn.

Ask the Orthodontist and your surgeon

+1

Cali,

You should probably ask your orthodontist AND your rhinoplasty surgeon.  You are probably safe after 4-6 weeks, but each might have their own policies.  Good luck! 

Wait a month to see the orthodontist after your Rhinoplasty.

+1

You could probably go a little sooner, but your nose will be fairly sturdy a month after surgery. My only concern would be an accidental trauma during your treatment.

Ask your surgeon for his or her opinion.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.