Permanent Side Effect from Nostril Reduction Through Mouth?

Does nostril reduction through the mouth have a permanent effect? Is it a good procedure? It does make sense to me since I tend to develop keloids.

Best to have alarplasty rather than nostril reduction through the mouth

+2

It is probably not a good idea to have nostril reduction done through the mouth. The suture can become infected, displaced, and does cause a narrow puckering effect of the upper lip. Many of these have to be removed years down the road. It is best to perform an alarplasty at the internasal junction.

Nasal width reduction through the nostrils has potential complications

+2

Every surgery has its risks and benefits. Some risks are temporary and some are permanent. So, yes, there are some potential complications from this technique which can become permanent. The best thing for you to do is to discuss this with your surgeon. He/she should be able to explain everything to you.

John Diaz, MD

Nostril Reduction through the mouth

+2

I have never heard of it before. I am not sure this a well establised technique. You should research it more and go for a second opinion before undergoing this procedure.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon