Rhinoplasty: One Nostril Lower and Longer (photo)

I had rhinoplasty about one year ago but not satisfy with the results. My right nostril is longer and lower than my left nostril. what can be done to fix this?

Asymmetrical Nostrils Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Minor asymmetry is normal. Your pictures do not show the nostrils and the base of your nose. After a careful examination by an experienced surgeon alternatives can be discussed.

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
It is common for patients to have asymmetry in both sides of their face and their nostrils. I use an imaging computer in the consulting phase and often to see patients asymmetry I will put both right sides or left sides together and you can see how asymmetric many people are. The photo will hardly resemble the patient on many occasions. I would need to see you in person on a direct examination to know if you were a proper candidate for revision surgery. I would suggest going back to your primary surgeon and discuss your options with him. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Nostril asymmetry

+1

Nostril asymmetry that you possess is certainly within the norm and I probably would not do anything to adjust it.

Rhinoplasty: One Nostril Lower and Longer

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 22 years and IMHO, the asymmetry that exists in the photos would not compel me to do anything to adjust or change it. You should leave the nose alone if that's your concern 1 year after your Rhinoplasty.  You should, as always, discuss this with the Rhinoplasty Surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty.  Just remember that every Rhinoplasty procedure carries potential risks and that must be weighed against the possible and anticipated aesthetic gains which in this case do not warrant the procedure IMO.

Asymmetric Nostrils

+1

It is common to have some asymmetry between the two sides of the face and it is common to have some asymmetry between the two nostrils.  Asymmetry between the two sides can be evened out by repositioning one side of the nostril higher and slightly narrowing it if it is wider.  Generally this procedure can be done under local anesthesia in the office with you awake.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD