Pea-sized Nose Tip Bump After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty 11 months ago. As the swelling at the tip went down, I started to notice a pea size bump on the right side at the fleshy part of the tip. Is that normal during healing? What can be done if it doesn't go away?

Nasal Tip Irregularity after Rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, this is probably an irregularity or prominence of part of the tip cartilage. Have your surgeon evaluate the nose. Many times this kind of problem can be improved with a minor tip revision. Even if a widened tip revision has to be performed you can probably get the improvement you need. Best of  Luck

Tip Irregularity after Rhinoplasty

+1

After 11 months, the result that you are seeing most likely is the finished result. Irregularities of the tip can either be prominent edges of the nasal tip cartilages (and grafts) or excessive scar tissue.

Speak with your surgeon about your concerns. Many times, a minor procedure in the office is all that it will take to fix the problem.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is probably one of the tip cartilages.

+1

It will not go away after 11 months. Return to your surgeon and he can often do a minor revision under local to correct the problem

Probably needs revision

+1

After 11 months from your rhinoplasty you should start to see the final results of the tip. With the pea size bump that you notice on your nose I would have your surgeon look at it. It is possible that the cartilage will need a little revision to get the bump removed. At this time period I do not think it will go away.

Have it evaluated and the person examining it will be able to tell you more about what needs to be done.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon