Does the Tip Always Go Down After Rhinoplasty Swelling Subsides?

It's going to be 2 weeks on Monday since they took the cast off, and 3 weeks since the operation. I am happy with the way my tip looks at the moment. It's slightly a bit piggy, but not a lot. It looks perfect. I was wondering, does it always come down when swelling is gone? Or are there some cases where it stays the same or even lifts up a little? I wouldn't mind it going up a little. I told my surgeon that I wanted it lifted a little more than normal. Thank you.

The swelling that you have will go down.

+1

Though the swelling will go down and the tip will drop slightly, how much it will drop depends on several factors. The good news is that the relative look will probably be the same.  

Yes, nose tip usually goes down after swelling is gone

+1

The nasal tip comes down a bit over the first 2-3 months in most cases. Of course, it depends on how much it had to be elevated during the rhinoplasty, and the technique that was used. 

Armen Vartany, MD